Home :: Cough Home Remedies
Home Remedies For Cough
- On a pastry board grind 4-6 black pepper seeds. Add a teaspoon of honey and mix it thoroughly. Taking this paste several times a day relieves cough.
- Burn a clove by stirring on a hot tava or pan. Keep this in the mouth and suck on it.
- Ginger tea, prepared by adding a few pieces of ginger into boiled water before adding tea leaves, is another effective remedy.
- Breathe in hot coltsfoot tea steam. Drink with honey and lemon.
- Aniseed is another effective remedy for a hard dry cough with difficult expectoration. It breaks up the mucus. A tea made from this spice should be taken regularly for treating this condition.
- In a cup of boiling water add 1 tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain). Boil till half. Add 1 tsp of honey and have 2 times a day.
- Have older children suck on a sugar cube to help with a cough.
- Take 10 gms of dried rind of Beleric myrobalans and 1/2 teaspoonful of black pepper. Grind them to a fine powder. Add a pinch of salt and 2 teaspoonfuls honey to this blend. Mix them well to form a paste. Administered twice daily, this paste relieves cough.
- Suck on 3 peppercorns with a pinch of black cumin seeds (shah jeera) and a pinch of salt.
- Soak almonds overnight. Remove their skin. Make a paste of these almonds with little butter and sugar. Very useful for a dry cough.
- In cases of dry cough (especially during the night), peel a small piece of fresh ginger. Sprinkle some salt on it and chew.
(c) Health-care-clinic.org All rights reserved
Disclaimer: Health-care-clinic.org website is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. Always take the advice of professional health care for specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this web site. Please note that medical information is constantly changing. Therefore some information may be out of date.