Home :: Indigestion Home Remedies
Home Remedies For
Indigestion is the general term used to describe the symptoms of pain in stomach, bloating, excess wind, acidity, or heartburn.
Try these home remedies to cure it :-
- Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice or cider vinegar in a cup of hot water before a meal to prevent acid indigestion.
- Mix 5 gm's of asafetida with a glass of hot water. Add a teaspoonful of sugar to improve the taste. Though it smells bad while swallowing, it rapidly relieves your system of flatulence and helps in relieving indigestion.
- Drink a glass of water with a tablespoon of baking soda for instant relief.
- Drinking buttermilk after a meal improves digestion. Roasted cumin seeds and a little salt in the buttermilk enhances its effectiveness.
- Mix 2 pinches of rock salt and 1/2 tsp carom seeds ( ajwain ). Chew it and wash it down with water for upset stomach or indigestion.
- A teaspoon of ginger juice mixed in a quarter cup of warm water can be taken two or three times a day. A teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt can also be added to make it more effective.
- Eat papaya fruit and get some relief.
- Add three drops of garlic oil to an half a cup of soya oil and rub onto the stomach after food.
- Mix a teaspoon of Ajowan seeds with 1/2 spoon of rock salt. Consume the mixture with a glass of water. This will instantly get rid of flatulence and stomach disorder.
- Fresh juice of curry leaves , with lime juice and sugar, is an effective medicine for indigestion.
- Drink aloe vera juice, papaya juice, or chamomile, comfrey, red raspberry, or peppermint tea.
Dos and don'ts
- Do not eat while moving or traveling in a car, watching television or reading.
- Sleeping during the day, especially after lunch is not recommended, as it produces indigestion.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Physical exercise, according to the strength and energy of the patient, is beneficial.
(c) Health-care-clinic.org All rights reserved
Disclaimer: Health-care-clinic.org website is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. Always take the advice of professional health care for specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this web site. Please note that medical information is constantly changing. Therefore some information may be out of date.