Home :: Sore Throat Home Remedies
Home Remedies For
Sore throat refers to the inflammation of the pharynx or back of the throat. It occurs frequently when a person has a cold or an attack of influenza. Sore throat may also involve the tonsils and adenoids.
Try these home remedies to cure it :-
- Drink a glass of hot water with 1 teaspoon lemon juice and some honey. You'll feel better instantly. You can also drink a chamomile tea with lemon and honey added.
- Gargle every hour with vineager water or salt water.
- Two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds should be added to a litre of cold water and simmered on a gentle flame. This should be allowed to cool to a temperature that could be tolerated by the buccal cavity. Strain this mixture and gargle with it several times a day. This cures a sore throat.
- Soak 8-10 almonds. Peel and grind with 8-10 pepper corns. Mix in 1 cup of water. Sieve and drink adding either salt or sugar to taste.
- The leaves of holy basil have also been found beneficial in the in curing sore throat. Water boiled with basil leaves should be taken as a drink, and also used as a gargle to relieve a sore throat
- Soak two teaspoonfuls of ajowan seeds in cold water. Add a pinch of common salt. Using this infusion as a common gargle substantially eases the acute sore throat.
- Eat garlic. Garlic is an anti-septic and good for many conditions.
- Boil one whole onion, mash and eat with a little butter, salt and pepper.
- A teaspoon of honey raw helps releave throat inflamation.
(c) Health-care-clinic.org All rights reserved
Disclaimer: Health-care-clinic.org website is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. Always take the advice of professional health care for specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this web site. Please note that medical information is constantly changing. Therefore some information may be out of date.