Home :: Sunburn Home Remedies
Home Remedies For
The sun is so necessary to life and yet, it is the skin's greatest enemy. Exposure to sun's rays is the most important factor in the ageing of the skin. Every time we expose to the sun, some degenerative damage takes place.
Try these home remedies to get relief from sunburn
- Drink plenty of fluids to keep your body hydrated, and to replace the lost by the sunburn.
- Mix olive oil with equal quantity of vinegar and apply an hour before your bath.
- Mix 1 teaspoon honey, 1 egg (use the yolk only ), 1 teaspoon youghurt. Apply the paste all over the face, avoiding the area around eyes. When it dries, wash it off. This mixture can be kept in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- Avoid being outdoors between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm, when the UV rays are more intense.
- Potatoes can be used to relieve the pain from the sunburn. Take 2 potatoes and wash them well. Cut them into tiny chunks and place them into a blender. Liquefy the potatoes. If they are looking dry, add a little bit of water. Pat the areas with the potato juice. Wait until dry and then take a cool shower.
- A thin paste of sandalwood applied to the sunburn area is beneficial.
- Apply pure aloe vera gel on the sunburned site.
- Wash the affected area with an antibacterial soap to prevent secondary infection.
- If raw mangoes are available, boil two mangoes in two glasses of water for 15-20 minutes. Strain the boiled contents and give it to the affected person. Use half a cup or so at a time. You may add salt or sugar to it.
- Do not apply any creams, butter, petroleum jelly or any other greasy substance to a sunburn. They only cause more damage by trapping the heat and can make a burn deeper. The sunburn will heal faster if left exposed to the air.
- Create a yogurt based paste with barley and turmeric and apply to affected areas.
- Apply ice to the burned area, this will stop the burning process and cool the skin from inside.
- When you are swimming in the sea, or in an open-air pool, remember to apply sunscreen before and after your swim.
(c) Health-care-clinic.org All rights reserved
Disclaimer: Health-care-clinic.org website is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. Always take the advice of professional health care for specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this web site. Please note that medical information is constantly changing. Therefore some information may be out of date.