Home :: Vomiting Home Remedies
Home Remedies For
Natural home remedies for the treatment of vomiting
- Heat 2 cardamoms on a dry tava. Powder them and add a tsp honey and take frequently.
- Mint tea, with two ground cloves and a trace of nutmeg is also soothing and leaves a pleasant taste in the mouth.
- Take a teaspoon of onion juice every two hours.
- Take a mixture of 1 tsp mint juice with 1 tsp lime juice and 1/2 tsp ginger juice along with a tsp honey.
- The juice of red beet (chukandar) is another effective remedy for vomiting due to biliousness. About half a cup of the juice with equal quantity of water may be given twice daily. Adding half a teaspoon of lime juice to this juice will increase its medicinal value.
- Don't drink too much at one time. Stretching the stomach can make nausea and vomiting worse. Avoid solid foods until there has been no vomiting for six hours, and then work slowly back to a normal diet.
- Powdered ginger is used fairly commonly in Europe as a nausea remedy during pregnancy.
- Cut a lemon into two halves. Sprinkle a very small pinch of black salt over the cut surface, and lick it. The strong aroma of lemon coupled with the salty taste will make you feel better.
A number of medicines are effective at preventing vomiting. Your doctor is unlikely to prescribe these because, in most situations, the vomiting is an important part of getting well. In some situations, however, preventing the vomiting makes life much better.
(c) Health-care-clinic.org All rights reserved
Disclaimer: Health-care-clinic.org website is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. Always take the advice of professional health care for specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this web site. Please note that medical information is constantly changing. Therefore some information may be out of date.