Home :: Backache Home Remedies
Home Remedies For Backache
Most back pain can be effectively treated with these home remedies, but a ruptured or slipped disk often requires intensive medical care.
- Bend and stretch every night and when you hurt, to releive back pain.
- Lemon is another useful remedy for backache. The juice of one lemon should be mixed with common salt and taken by the patient twice daily. It will give relief.
- Boil ten tulsi leaves in one cup of water until the syrup is reduced to half a cup. Add salt to it after cooling. Take this mixture daily. For severe backache, take it twice a day.
- Musta is an herb that is a muscle pain killer. Take 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon 2 or 3 times a day with warm water.
- Apply a paste made of ginger powder mixed with sufficient water to the affected area. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes, wash it off, and then rub the back with some eucalyptus oil.
- Apply St. john's wart directly to the back area. CAUTION: Do not suntan, this oil makes your skin very sensitive to the sun.
- Raw potato is an ancient home remedy for backache, characterised by incapacitating pain in the lumbar region, especially in the lower part of the back. Application of raw potato in the fom of a poultice has been found very effective in this condition.
Diet and other Tips
- Avoid exposure to cold weather or cold winds.
- Avoid sleeping face down.
- Smoking or taking tobacco in any from should be given up completely.
- Minimize sexual activity when you have back pain
- Avoid lifting heavy objects in the last couple of weeks of your pregnancy.
Eliminate back and neck pain for life
with proven techniques developed 20 years ago by former back and neck pain sufferer, Richard Convery.
His Back For Life method has since enabled many,
many thousands of sufferers to escape their own back and neck pain nightmares.
Beat Back Pain! - BackForLife
(c) Health-care-clinic.org All rights reserved
Disclaimer: Health-care-clinic.org website is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. Always take the advice of professional health care for specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this web site. Please note that medical information is constantly changing. Therefore some information may be out of date.